Writing in English
Below is my selection of useful information resources on writing in English. Please pardon me if some links are unavailable.
- William Strunk and E. B. White. The Elements of Style, 4th Edition. Longman, 1999.
- William Zinsser. On Writing Well, 30th Anniversary Edition: The Classic Guide to Writing Nonfiction. Harper Paperbacks, 2006.
- Cheryl Glenn and Loretta Gray. Hodges Harbrace Handbook, 16th Edition. Thompson/Wadsworth Publishing, 2006.
- Marc H. Raibert. Good Writing. http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~pausch/Randy/Randy/raibert.htm.
- John M. Swales and Christine B. Feak. Academic Writing for Graduate Students, Essential Tasks and Skills, 2nd Edition. University of Michigan, 2004.
- Mary-Claire van Leunen. A Handbook for Scholars, 2nd Edition. Oxford University Press, USA, 1992.
- Joseph M. Williams and Gregory G. Colomb. Style: Lessons in Clarity and Grace, 10th Edition. Longman, 2010.
- Simon Peyton Jones. How to write a great research paper. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/research/academic-program/write-great-research-paper/.
- David A. Patterson. Dave Patterson's Writing Advice. http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~pattrsn/talks/writingtips.html.
- Aaron Hertzmann. Writing Research Papers. http://www.dgp.toronto.edu/~hertzman/advice/writing-technical-papers.pdf.
Technical Paper Writing
- Jennifer Widom. Tips for Writing Technical Papers. http://infolab.stanford.edu/~widom/paper-writing.html.
- Henning Schulzrinne. Writing Technical Articles. http://www1.cs.columbia.edu/~hgs/etc/writing-style.html.
- Henning Schulzrinne. Common Bugs in Writing. http://www1.cs.columbia.edu/~hgs/etc/writing-bugs.html.